Fleck/Hussain/Meyer no Colorado??

The all 'Tones talk area.

Fleck/Hussain/Meyer no Colorado??

Postby mrollin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:33 am

How can it be that this incredible alignment of musical stars isn't passing through the loyal and dedicated house of Colorado?
mrollin

Re: Fleck/Hussain/Meyer no Colorado??

Postby Club » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm

It appears to be all about geography and limited mutual calendars. If you look, you'll notice they're missing huge chunks of the country on the tour, as there are only 21 total dates before Bela heads off to Europe w/the Flecktones. This whole tour was spawned when they played together w/the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for 3 nights back in January. My guess is that they dug that 3 night run so much that they "opened up their calendars" and figured out the September/October window was the only mutually available time in the next year, so they booked it. There are a lot of people in NYC, Boston, Philly, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle, Texas, New Orleans, Vegas, etc. that are saying the same thing you are ......... And there are also a LOT of people in Detroit clamoring for an encore of the January run who also won't get their wish fulfilled. I know I wish I could go (SIGH!!!). Guess you better plan on traveling to Iowa or Arizona if you want to catch this incredible line-up. Bela and Edgar rule!
Club

Postby chardstuff » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Fleck, Hussain, Meyer are planning to tour next year - June, July & August.
chardstuff

Postby erich » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

I'll be at the denver show 12/18/09. first flecktones show.
erich

Postby bcp01scu05 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:05 am

There may also be some dates in late May... the show tonight in San Francisco was postponed due to a death in the family of one of the guys (don't know which... condolences to the family in any case), and has been rescheduled to May 25th of next year.
bcp01scu05

Postby HopeL » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:17 am

As posted on Twitter and Facebook...

Mr. Hussain's Mother passed away.

Hope Lin
HopeL

Return to Flecktones