Portland ME - 8/27

The all 'Tones talk area.

Portland ME - 8/27

Postby cheeseballfromcowtown » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 am

Absolutely fantastic show last night! I loved it!

That said, I'd like to apologize for the idiots on the audience who acted as if you were the background music to their night out at the bar. It was absurd how loud people were during the first set. It was like they were talking louder and louder to talk over you guys. I'm still angry and embarrassed now. I almost shouted "SHUT UP" at the top of my lungs between songs. I wish someone had said "Please be respectful" whether it be someone in the band or someone from the venue. You did not deserve that type of treatment by the audience.

Most importantly: Please don't let those idiots deter you from coming back to Portland!
cheeseballfromcowtown

Re: Portland ME - 8/27

Postby HopeL » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Cheese....

How are you folks doing up there?

Just saw Vermont is under water.

Hope Lin
HopeL

Postby cheeseballfromcowtown » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Things seem okay as far as I know. I haven't ventured outside all day and I live in downtown Portland so there aren't many trees to come down anyway. Looks like the worst of it was west of us here on the coast.

Hi by the way! Hope everything is going well with you. I used to post often way back on the old boards (under the same name). Nice to see a familiar "face" still around. :)
cheeseballfromcowtown

Postby HopeL » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Nice to see you as well! Glad you are okay!

Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Postby duggy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Were you on the floor? Is that where it was noisy?

I was sitting in the balcony and found those up there to be quite respectful, but there was a lot of people moving about on the floor it seemed ...

Anyway, it was a FANTASTIC show! First time I caught the original quartet, after having been a fan since '91 or so -- just never had a chance to see the guys live until '98, so Jeff was in the band by that time ... and I've loved seeing them with him, but it was GREAT to hear Howard's harp in the mix -- especially on some of the older tunes I'd never gotten to see live.

Flying Saucer Dudes opened Set II and it ROCKED! Fabulous version of the tune with a great breakdown between Victor & Casey (sitting in on violin), and then Howard joined the mix ... awesome time!

I recorded the show and should have a torrent up on bt.etree in the next day or so -- I'll post a link here to the torrent when it's up!

cheers,
dug
duggy

Postby cheeseballfromcowtown » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah, I was down on the floor, 5th row from the front. There was some guy in the front row that kept standing up and trying to grab which ever Flecktone was closest to him at the moment or something....I was right behind him. The noise was coming from the bar under the balcony where people were standing around talking over the music.

People complained to the State Theatre and they responded on facebook with:
We agree - we shut the bars down as soon as we noticed that the bar audience was noisy and causing disruption to the fans who were there to enjoy the show. While we can't control how each patron behaves, we can certainly try to limit noise and hopefully you enjoyed the show when things got quieter. Flecktones were amazing!

The show was noticeably quieter during the second set.

It was one of the best shows of theirs I've seen (I'm sure I say that about every show)! I did notice a microphone up in the balcony when I looked to see if anyone was recording it. Must have been yours! Can't wait to be able to relive it! Thanks!
cheeseballfromcowtown

Return to Flecktones