Deering Banjo Contest

The all 'Tones talk area.

Deering Banjo Contest

Postby chardstuff » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 am

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Spring Valley, CA August 26th, 2011

WIN A DEERING GOODTIME BANJO PERSONALLY SIGNED & PRESENTED TO YOU BY BELA FLECK!

From August 26th through September 16th you will have the chance to win a new Deering Goodtime 5-string banjo, two VIP tickets to see the show of your choice on Béla's tour between 22 September and 20 November, and a special meet and greet time with him at the show, where Béla will present to you your new Deering Goodtime 5-string banjo personally signed by him. This includes some very special shows September 22nd through 24th in Nashville where Béla will premier his Concerto for Banjo & Orchestra with the Nashville Symphony.

Béla Fleck is considered the premier banjo player in the world. A New York City native, he picked up the banjo at age 15 after being awed by the bluegrass music of Flatt & Scruggs. While still in high school he began experimenting with playing bebop jazz on his banjo, mentored by fellow banjo renegade Tony Trischka. In 1980, he released his first solo album, Crossing the Tracks, with material that ranged from straight ahead bluegrass to Chick Corea’s “Spain.” In 1982, Fleck joined the progressive bluegrass band New Grass Revival, making a name for himself on countless solo and ensemble projects ever since as a virtuoso instrumentalist. In 1989 he formed the genre-busting Flecktones, with members equally talented and adventurous as himself.

The recipient of Multiple Grammy Awards going back to 1998, Béla Flecks' total Grammy count is 11 Grammys won, and 27 nominations. He has been nominated in more different categories than anyone in Grammy history.

In acknowledgement of all Bela has accomplished the Deering Banjo Company is proud to sponsor a special contest in support of his current tour!

No purchase is necessary for this contest, transportation and accommodation is not included. You can enter to win through Facebook, Twitter, or the Deering Banjo Company web site:

facebook
http://apps.facebook.com/sweepstakeshq/contests/149671

twitter
http://wildfireapp.com/twitter/233/contests/149671

website
http://www.deeringbanjos.com/bela-fleck-goodtime-sweepstakes
chardstuff

Re: Deering Banjo Contest

Postby geddypastorius » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 am

Wow, I would love to win this. Béla is the reason I've been wanting to learn banjo (I already play bass and a multitude of other instruments, but not banjo). So not only would I get to hear the premiere of his solo banjo concerto, which I have been oh so excited about, win a banjo to learn with and receive it from Béla himself, but also have it happen just so close to my birthday! I couldn't imagine a more perfect 20th birthday! :D Fingers are crossed!!!
geddypastorius

Return to Flecktones