Latest tour--beautiful beyond words

The all 'Tones talk area.

Latest tour--beautiful beyond words

Postby averageco » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

The $36 I spent for last night's Bela Fleck and the Flecktones show in Fort Collins, Colorado was the best $36 I've spent in my entire life. There was something magical in that auditorium. All of the performers are beyond talented and skillful, and with their instruments (and voice!) they took us, the audience, to places we've never been before. It was like experiencing an incredible high at a 1960's light show, without the drugs. But that's not an accurate description. It was much better than that. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been in that auditorium last night.

I'm wondering how others who've seen the latest tour might describe it.
averageco

Re: Latest tour--beautiful beyond words

Postby HopeL » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

You nailed it, Darlin'. :D

Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Postby jglen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 am

My son and I saw B, V, H & F in Boulder on Sat 04.07. We stood at the stage in the middle and the experience was transcendent. Since the first concert I attended in 1978, I have been to well over 300 live music events. Previously, I ranked Stanley Clarke/George Duke Project as the very best live music show I'd ever attended. Not anymore. I have never witnessed four players on the same stage with the level of virtuosity the Flecktones possess. And bands besides Clarke/Duke which I have seen include Yes, Rush, Genesis, the Who, U2, Convergence, Return to Forever, AD, the Moody Blues, Peter Gabriel, Bruce Cockburn, Phil Keaggy, Frank Zappa, Pat Metheny, Neil Young, Stevie Ray Vaughn... the list is considerable. But, quite frankly, these artists and the entertainment they provided pale by comparison to what Bela and the 'Tones set forth last Saturday.

Honestly, that's the best I can do when trying to put in writing how amazing the concert was - truly beyond words and MUST be experienced firsthand, which is why I bought tix to the Louisville, KY, show (April 28th) and will attend with a musician friend from Cincinnati. Can't wait!! Flecktones: Long May You Run!!
jglen

Postby averageco » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

HopeL wrote:You nailed it, Darlin'. :D

Hope Lin :geek:

Ah, thanks, Hope Lin! I "sort of" nailed it! See comment from jglen
averageco

Postby averageco » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 pm

[quote="jglen"]"My son and I saw B, V, H & F in Boulder on Sat 04.07....the experience was transcendent....truly beyond words and MUST be experienced firsthand...."

Yes, jglen, that was the word I was searching for: TRANSCENDENT. Lucky lucky you that you will once again experience the transcendence! Hope your son felt it too......
averageco

Postby mbroeker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

The concert last night (4-13-12) in Memphis TN was the best I have been to. It was the best Friday the 13th I have ever had. The front row seat didn't hurt either. I felt like I was being serenaded at times. These guys are SO talented. And the wooden banjo has a tone I cannot describe. It is so beautiful. I can see the classical album being remade using that mellow sound. Bela, Victor, Futureman, Howard and the wonderful fiddler. What a great time we all had. I will never forget. Please come back SOON.
mbroeker

Postby jglen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 am

@ averageco: one last item of transcedence: I just checked Victor's bio page, and we were born on the exact same day: 09.11.1964. At this point, I should probably buy a lottery ticket. :D Of course, having tix to another upcoming show is darn close... JGlen
jglen

Postby averageco » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 pm

jglen wrote:@ averageco: one last item of transcedence: I just checked Victor's bio page, and we were born on the exact same day: 09.11.1964. At this point, I should probably buy a lottery ticket. :D Of course, having tix to another upcoming show is darn close... JGlen

It is surely a strange coincidence that you share the same birthday...Nonetheless, I think seeing the show again beats a lottery win hands down....enjoy!
averageco

Postby averageco » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:35 pm

mbroeker wrote:The concert last night (4-13-12) in Memphis TN was the best I have been to. It was the best Friday the 13th I have ever had. The front row seat didn't hurt either. I felt like I was being serenaded at times. These guys are SO talented. And the wooden banjo has a tone I cannot describe. It is so beautiful. I can see the classical album being remade using that mellow sound. Bela, Victor, Futureman, Howard and the wonderful fiddler. What a great time we all had. I will never forget. Please come back SOON.

Bela Fleck and The Flecktones, and the fiddler...front row seat....Memphis,Tennessee--what a fabulous combination. It's all winding down and we are very sad.....
averageco

Postby michaeljee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 am

jglen wrote:@ averageco: one last item of transcedence: I just checked Victor's bio page, and we were born on the exact same day: 09.11.1964. At this point, I should probably buy a lottery ticket. :D Of course, having tix to another upcoming show is darn close... JGlen

Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.
Regards
michaeljee9
michaeljee

Return to Flecktones