Hoping for a Tour

The all 'Tones talk area.

Hoping for a Tour

Postby Dlloydny » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:36 pm

I really wish I had the ability, whether it be financial or otherwise, to convince the Flecktones to ‎reunite with Jeff Coffin for a tour, or vice versa. I have been a fan for nearly 2 decades now and their music has meant so much to me. Whether it be laying in bed smoking a J in college while listening to Live Art, or playing their songs for my friends to show them how talented they are, or even playing their songs at my upcoming wedding this Friday, they have played a huge role in my musical soul.

I remember vividly the first time I ever saw them. I was applying for internships in NYC at various online startups. When I saw what was on the docket of events for the company CenterSeat, I put all of my efforts into getting the internship solely for the opportunity to video the Flecktones launch party for the release of Outbound. Where? At a Borders book store in New Jersey.

After the show I got to meet and speak with all of the band members. They were all so humble and endearing. They all signed my CD jackets. I can't think of one important thing that I said to any of them as a 19 year old who just loved their music, but just being around arguably the best musicians in the world was a real thrill.

CenterSeat subsequently went under 6 months later, but I have absolutely no regrets. Rarely in life do you have the opportunity to be a part of something so cool. ‎I have seen the flecktones a few handfuls of times since, and have been impressed every time.

I only write this story because I just hope t‎hat someday the reunite. Was a joy it was listening to musical perfection.

David
Dlloydny

Re: Hoping for a Tour

Postby Off the Top » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:48 pm

It is kind of a shame that this Board was taken over by a bunch of internet spam accounts.

I actually came to here in the faint hope that I'd see some tour dates as the the Flecktones are my #1 most desired show. I say them back in 04' in NJ for an incredible show and was also fortunate enough to see the Futureband and Victor Wooten's Soul Circus in Philadelphia in 06'.

Watching the "Live at the Quick" Performance Video with commentary between songs actually nearly brought me to tears. Their music really does transcend style but also personal feeling and you'll never see a set of musicians so in tune with one another, their instruments, and the music they are playing.

I'll keep checking here for updates on whether or not they return to tour, but until then, they'll survive through endless plays of their album's and views of their live performances.

I wish all the best to the band in their current ventures. Hopefully if, away from the stage, at least not away from the music.
Off the Top

Postby chardstuff » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey All,

The Flecktones will be back - don't know when yet... don't know who yet... but it's still gonna be a few years off...
chardstuff

Postby darkstar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks Chard.

I'll wait....
darkstar

Postby liana » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 am

I agree with it...
Try out our free 700-301 dumps and latest comptia certification training courses to get high flying success in final Thomas Aquinas College & ACCA exams, mcts University College London is also very useful tool.
liana

Postby chardstuff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:23 pm

And I'm trying to pay attention and BAN all these spammers...
chardstuff

Postby well168 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:50 am

The wifi jamer was the good device to use in the daily life,you can have a look at
well168

Return to Flecktones