Naieve Question

The all 'Tones talk area.

Naieve Question

Postby sqcomp » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Having recently discovered Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, I have an opportunity to go see them in December. I'm excited for the opportunity to listen to the music live...since I'm in need of a refernce point for critical listining, my last concert being Five Finger Death Punch playing for the troops in Baghdad, Iraq; you can understand my need for a sonic reset.

I'm in a group of audio "fanatics" who use Bela's Flight of the Cosmic Hippo to demonstrate sound systems. What an awesome track that is!

I digress, not being a regular concert attendee, how would one be able to get backstage after the concert to have the band sign a T-shirt?

I hope this doesn't sound self-serving.

I suppose I could also ask about the recordings that the band does as well if I'm in the question asking phase here...

How much emphasis does the band put on high quality recording, recording techniques, etcetera? I ask because I have immersed myself in what I'd consider to be off center recording houses like Mapleshade, Sheffield Lab, Telarc, FIM, and the like. What I'm searching for is the best possible sound quality coming from the recording process, whether that be from the studio's recording techniques, the mastering process, to the physical production of the media itself.

Thoughts?
sqcomp

Re: Naieve Question

Postby jaguaracer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 pm

1) about getting backstage ... no need, the band comes out after the show at sits at the lip of the stage signing stuff.
2) user 'chardstuff' on the forums is the band's front-of-house and sound engineer: http://www.battagliaboys.com/richard.html so anything he is saying comes straight from the horse's mouth.
3) welcome to the board, enjoy the show.
jaguaracer

Return to Flecktones