WOOTEN MUSIC AND NATURE CAMP!!

The 'Shop Talk' area for all instrumentalists and enthusiasts

WOOTEN MUSIC AND NATURE CAMP!!

Postby MH » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm

For those of you who don't know, Flecktones Bassist Victor Wooten has always held "Bass and nature camps" (about 3/4th music ed, 1/4 nature ed). Starting last year, he has many different camps going on on his new camp location. Last year was the first "Music and Nature Camp" which included all instruments. I was lucky enough to witness this, and it was amazing, and a value at 3x the price....among special guests and instructors was Chuck rainey, Steve bailey, Jeff Coffin, JD Blair, Rod Mgaha, ALL the WOOTENS, casey Driessen (flecktones last tour, Belas african touring band), Ryan Cavenaugh (bill Evans), Eric Struthers (Neville Brothers) and many others..of course Vicor was there all week...An amazing experience for any musician of any level, on any instrument..

The reason I bring this up, is that there are still openings for the upcoming camp in June, let alone a "Theory Weekend" which has some amazing instructors. I would encourage any musician to apply for this camp, it will a positive experience you will never forget..The website is www.bassnaturecamp.com . I am an alumni of the camp, and I really feel anyone can benefit from it, I am just trying to pass this long to anyone who is interested...
Thanks,
PEACE!
MH

Return to Musicians