New 2010 Dates

The all 'Tones talk area.

New 2010 Dates

Postby le pondre » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 pm

So I see that there are some mainly December dates up, but they are all in the Northwest and Canada. Does anyone (Chard?) know if that will be all for this year?

And also, I noticed it said "a new cd with Howard" under the Little Worlds news article--pretty exciting news. I was sad that I couldn't make it to any of the concerts with Howard last year, so hopefully the CD will lead to some more dates with Howard in the future.
le pondre

Re: New 2010 Dates

Postby jaguaracer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm

A Toronto date would be nice ;)
jaguaracer

Postby chardstuff » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 pm

All the Flecktone dates for 2010 are now posted.
chardstuff

Postby TK » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:52 pm

chardstuff wrote:All the Flecktone dates for 2010 are now posted.

Can anybody comment/shed some light on why the Flecktones are no longer playing in the midwest US? Also, why are they are only touring as a group for such a limited amount of concerts?
I miss seeing them live.
TK

Postby HopeL » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:41 pm

TK wrote:
chardstuff wrote:All the Flecktone dates for 2010 are now posted.

Can anybody comment/shed some light on why the Flecktones are no longer playing in the midwest US? Also, why are they are only touring as a group for such a limited amount of concerts?
I miss seeing them live.

Second news item on the "Home'" page........

The Flecktones haven't split up, these days we're doing solo projects and collaborations, but we'll be back soon with new music!

Best regards to one and all,
Bela

I read somewhere they are recording with Howard Levy and the music will be released in 2011. If info is correct, the Flecktones will also be touring with Howard next year.

Bela has been touring (for quite some time now) with the Africa Project musicians (wonderful!), Vic with his band, Futureman with the Mozart Project (name correct?) and of course, because of the tragic loss of LeRoi Moore from Dave Matthews Band, Jeff Coffin has been on tour with DMB.

From the looks of the tour page, and I'm guessing here for the most part, the "Jingle All the Way" tours started on the East Coast in 2008 and have steadily moved West across the country for the holiday seasons, with the West Coast to be covered in 2010.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to the Flecktones being back on Tour with any music, new or old, and with Howard in the mix, we'll probably get a lot of both!

Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Postby Marklar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:31 pm

TK wrote:Can anybody comment/shed some light on why the Flecktones are no longer playing in the midwest US?

Depending on how you define Midwest. they played there last winter. I don't remember the dates exactly, but I caught them in Minneapolis. Hopefully the new CD will give us a full blown tour that lasts more than a few weeks at Christmas. I also hope that they play lots of dates in the midwest, so that I can catch them more often than once every two years or so.
Marklar

Postby MiLLo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Come back to argentina.. we miss you flecktones..

Next year is possible?

Cheers
MiLLo

Return to Flecktones