Set list variety for holiday tour?

The all 'Tones talk area.

Set list variety for holiday tour?

Postby FlyingSaucrDude » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:33 pm

This post is for chardstuff -- I was just curious if there's going to be a lot of setlist variety for the holiday tour (in particular between the Santa Rosa and Oakland shows)? I'm definitely going to Oakland, but I'm debating if it's worth also driving an hour and a half to Santa Rosa to see Jeff with the guys on Wednesday, too. If it's gonna be basically the same exact setlist, then as much as I love Jeff, my budget probably would thank me if I didn't go...but if Santa Rosa is going to be a "standard" holiday tour show, and Oakland is going to be something entirely different (given that Howard'll be there) then I'll go!

In either case, safe travels on the holiday tour, guys!

- The FSD
FlyingSaucrDude

Re: Set list variety for holiday tour?

Postby DMBTex10101 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I would bet the Oakland show will be nothing like the rest of the tour. I'm sure Howard will do a few holiday tunes, but it will mostly be early stuff and stuff from their upcoming album.
DMBTex10101

Postby chardstuff » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:52 am

Sorry - just getting to this post after the fact. Yes - the set lists were different between the Santa Rosa and the Oakland show because Howard Levy sat in on the Oakland show. Jeff got called away to do a special DMB show and had to miss the Oakland show. We were lucky to have Howard Levy show up and help us out. Casey Driessen also did more than his usual appearances to help fill in for the missing Jeff.
If you went to the Oakland show you would have heard 2 new tunes from the upcoming CD to be released in May of 2011!

I will be posting all the set lists soon.
chardstuff

Postby bcp01scu05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

I am doing this off of memory so it's probably not perfect... It was an excellent show regardless. Howard acquitted himself well for apparently having learned the Xmas songs that day. There were a few times I missed Jeff, but this was solely due to the fact that the sax has a better ability to cut through the other music being made.

Frontiers
Silent Night
Sleigh Bells
Christmas Time is Here
Linus and Lucy
Big Country
Vic Solo
12 Days (Howard's face during this was hilarious... 'what the hell have I gotten myself into???')
Jingle Bells
_________
Futch solo
Christmas Medley
2 New songs off the new album (both untitled per Bela - the first one seemed a little new to them still, the second one has the potential to be a serious rock out tune)
Alash set (3 songs)
Bela solo
_________
Dyngledai
Sinister
bcp01scu05

Postby DMBTex10101 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Hey Chard,

Any chance we can get the setlist for the Dec 2010 Oakland show with Howard? I'm VERY curious to see what they played . . . but more curious to see the names of the two new tunes!

Also, I'm pumped that the home page has a big ol' question mark. I'm excited for some album news!
DMBTex10101

Postby chardstuff » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 am

Frontiers
Silent Night
Sleigh Bells
Christmas Time is Here
Linus & Lucy
Big Country
Jingle Bells
Set Break
Futch
Sex in a Pan
Medley
Alash Set
F Tune (Soon to be named)
New Blues (Soon to be named)
Bela Solo
Encore
Dyngyldai/GreenSleeves
Sinister Minister
chardstuff

Postby DMBTex10101 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm

chardstuff wrote:Frontiers
Silent Night
Sleigh Bells
Christmas Time is Here
Linus & Lucy
Big Country
Jingle Bells
Set Break
Futch
Sex in a Pan
Medley
Alash Set
F Tune (Soon to be named)
New Blues (Soon to be named)
Bela Solo
Encore
Dyngyldai/GreenSleeves
Sinister Minister

Awesome, thanks. I'm so happy Frontiers always shows up with Howard, it's one of my favorites from the early albums.
DMBTex10101

Return to Flecktones