Congratulations Tex and Family!
So, what's your daughter's name?
Any pix available on-line?

Best Wishes, DAD!!!!!!!!
Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Re: Archives in cowtown

Postby batleon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Congrats to you Tex! If time is at a premium for working on the site let us know if there's anything we can do to help. aic is a great site that I've referred to a ton while listening to Flecktones shows and learning more about their music. It was especially great when I was uploading Flecktones shows to the live music archive as it helped me make sure all the songs were correctly labeled.
batleon

Postby hillevi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 am

The discussion about a Bela discography did make me think it would be cool for AiC to have discography pages for all Flecktones, past, present and interim (e.g., McCandless). We could probably establish threads here at the board to round up the information.

But taking care of princess baby is obviously a much higher priority.
hillevi

Postby DMBTex10101 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks again everyone, I'll have to find a good pic to post here. Her name is Kallie and she's about 5 months old now. My wife says she did get some pics of her in the hippo outfit so I'll have to get them from her and get one up.

In the mean time, I'll keep moving on AiC v2.0 and see how quickly we can get it out. I'm really hoping to have it out in time for whatever tour they do first in '11, but since I don't quite know when that'll be, I can't say for sure.

As for discography, I could try to find a way to keep track of that, but off the top of my head, I'm not sure of the best way to tie it in with all the other data. If anything we can at least have a running list. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I had already (sort of) started tracking all the Flecktone guest appearances at random other artists' shows so it only seems fitting to do albums as well.

It's really coming along nicely, I can't wait until it's in a state where you guys can check it out!
DMBTex10101

Postby DMBTex10101 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:24 am

Alright, the 2010 Jingle All the Way tour has been entered and we are ready for setlists!

I also finished entering most of the '09 sets, however some of them I have no info for. If you have any info on the missing '09 setlists (or any other missing sets for that matter), let me know!

I have a long list of dates to enter for '09 as far as solo projects go, so those should be trickling in over the next few days.

2.0 is still in the works, it's pretty close too. I'm hoping that I'll be able to implement the archive portion of AiC 2.0 by the start of 2011, then I'll redo the member section at a later date.

Some new ideas I'm toying with:
- Album, show, recording reviews
- Linking all recording to their archive.org link (for those that are on archive.org)
- Fleshing out the album section to include a lot of additional data and also including guest appearances on albums.
- Venue statistics (number of shows played at a venue, different songs played at venue, etc).
- Song statistics by tour (instead of just by year).
- Default artist viewing (i.e. if you only care about the Flecktones, you can set your default to only show Flecktone info and hide all solo projects, etc)
- A full on guest appearance section including albums (as mentioned above) and taking the guest appearances on shows and actually finish what I started.
- Recording of the month which will feature a review of a recording each month. I'll probably start with some of my favorites, then take reviews from those left by other users.

Keep the ideas coming if you have them!

Cheers to everyone as we start another holiday season and the 3rd annual Jingle All the Way tour!
DMBTex10101

Postby jaguaracer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Tex, thanks for the work. I have a question: I have a feeling that AiC put up some guitar tabs ages ago. Just a lone .txt file with maybe a dozen bass or guitar bits. Is it still there somewhere. Does anyone have this file?
jaguaracer

Postby DMBTex10101 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:44 pm

http://archivesincowtown.org/tabsmain.php

I just realized that there is no way to actually get to that page . . . haha, I'll throw a link up somewhere.
DMBTex10101

Postby toddtone » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Hillevi (and others)....

Don't know if you've ever seen this Flecktone Zoo = http://home.comcast.net/~wendell.norman/fleckzoo.htm . Wendell Norman is the creator and is an absolute Flecktone nut. There's a ton of Flecktone trivia on the site, including a relatively complete discography for the Flecktones and each member (up to a certain date). Wendell doesn't update it often anymore - I think the last time was in Feb 2010 - but there is a treasure trove of all kinds of info there. Some of the links are outdated, but many are current.

Wikipedia also has a pretty good discography of Flecktones stuff, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9la_Fleck_discography.

Have fun!

Totally can't wait for the original 'tones new recording and tour. They absolutely killed the old stuff last November when I got to see the original lineup in Madison NJ. It was definitely a dream come true for me.

Todd.
toddtone

Postby DMBTex10101 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 pm

http://archivesincowtown.org/yearspec.php?year=2011

Starting to get all the solo dates up for 2011. Still have quite a few to go, but it's a start.

Fleck is touring with Edgar & Zakir.
Vic has dates with Steve Bailey, his own band and J.D. Blair.
Coffin has quite a few Mu'tet dates as well as some solo clinic dates.
Most of the Flecktone dates have been posted as well, and now the Levy is back I'm going to try to start getting his solo dates in there as well.

Head on over and check it all out.

Also, the AiC has a Facebook page now. Like us for updates on tour dates and other events. Updating a Facebook status is quick and easy so I plan to really start using that to get info out there, including newly available show downloads, articles and show reviews.
http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 9927925291
DMBTex10101

Postby DMBTex10101 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm

I hate to do it, but it's time to renew and I need a little help this time around.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

http://archivesincowtown.org/news.php?view=1266&start=0

Thanks!
DMBTex10101

PreviousNext

Return to Flecktones