Rocket Science!

The all 'Tones talk area.

Rocket Science!

Postby jen17 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:10 am

Hello! Anyone else have a copy yet? What do you think?

I am loving "Gravity Lane" - - right out of the gate! Spectacular.
Also, "Life in Eleven" is ridiculously fabulous.

All are great, but these struck me right away.

How about you??
jen17

Re: Rocket Science!

Postby Bumbershoot » Sun May 15, 2011 1:12 pm

How did you get a copy already? I'm jealous! I pre-ordered from Amazon, they say "To be released May 17."
Did you pre-order from iTunes? They say "Expected May 17." I placed my order with Amazon before I knew iTunes would be offering a bonus track.
Bumbershoot

Postby geddypastorius » Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Haha, I was wondering the same thing! I ordered the deluxe edition on iTunes and haven't gotten it yet. But I've been suffering through the waiting this long, I guess it won't kill me to wait a couple more days (though it will come close!). I have heard all of the samples that are available, as well as the video, multiple times I might add, and I really really love what I've heard! Especially Gravity Lane, Life in Eleven, Falling Forward, Wolf Laurel; well literally every one that I've heard I love! Just a couple more days now... Can't wait...
geddypastorius

Postby geddypastorius » Tue May 17, 2011 12:53 am

I finally got it!!!!!!!! I just finished my first listen through about an hour ago. About to embark on my second journey through this album. Some of my initial thoughts were right away how musically refined this album is, and how melodic it is, I have a few songs stuck in my head already. I really really enjoyed Gravity Lane, Storm Warning, Falani, Like Water, Falling Forward, and Wolf Laurel in particular. And man is that bass harmonica on Earthling Parade great, I've never heard one of those before! Love this album, I think I have a new favorite from the Flecktones. :) Anyway time for liftoff number 2! T-minus 10, 9, 8... etc.

(By the way, what are other people thinking about this great album?)

P.S. love the new site design!
geddypastorius

Postby jen17 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but to answer your question - - I bought it from a store.
Now, I cannot stop listening to it. I feel like it has something on there for everybody. In addition to those mentioned - - Bottle Rocket. Wow!
I cannot wait for the live shows!
jen17

Postby Bumbershoot » Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 am

That happened to me a few years ago, when Music For Two came out! A local store put it on the shelf a few days early. I grabbed a copy, ran home and started listening!

I'm still waiting for my copy of Rocket Science to arrive from amazon. I did download Wolf Laurel from iTunes, since it's not on the CD. I like it a lot!
Bumbershoot

Return to Flecktones