York, PA

The all 'Tones talk area.

York, PA

Postby jen17 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 am

Holy cow! Or, should I say, Holy hippo!
I went to the York, PA show last night and it was fantastic!
Was anyone else there? What did you think?

Off the new album, they played: Gravity Lane, Life in Eleven, Sweet Pomegrantes, Falani (beautiful), Wolf Laurel(I had not heard it yet! Loved it!), Bottle Rocket and Prickly Pear. I think I am right on that, but happy to be corrected if not.

So unbelievably good. Fingers were flying. Good energy. Just downright fun. I hope you're all planning to see a show, or two, or three this year!
jen17

Re: York, PA

Postby piplarry » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:35 am

I agree that the show last night was terrific, especially "Sinister Minister". That was worth the ticket price!!!!!!!!! The only problem that we had was the irritating lights from behind the group shining in our eyes. My Wife and Son-in-law had to cover their eyes when they came on.
piplarry

Postby jen17 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 am

Sinister Minister!! WOW!
Yes. That was just out of control!
jen17

Postby CRS521 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:19 pm

I was there, thought the show was great (as always) Although, having seen the flecktones many times, I would say this show, they seemed pretty mellow. Not a bad thing, just something I noticed. I was used to them all taking their own "solo's" and I kinda missed that, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. Was great to see Howard with the group again. I was just loving his harp playing, along with the piano. Did anyone noticed Howard playing 2 harp's (at the same time)in the beginning of the one song? He was playing a bass line along with the melody? I'm not sure what song it was, it was in the second half of the show. Anyways, that was the 5th time I've seen them at the strand. I hope they don't wait as long to come back next time!
CRS521

Postby jen17 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

I heard Howard. That was very cool. Cannot remember which song though.
But, get this - I heard him talking to someone after the show who asked him about it, and Howard said it was one harmonica. I think I heard right. Whoa!

I know they didn't all do solos, but Victor's sure was awesome, I thought.
jen17

Postby shwaneth1337 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Great show, my first time!

Also, does anybody know if this show was taped? I don't know the taping policy for this venue....I haven't found anything on archive.org yet.....
shwaneth1337

Postby CRS521 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm sure Howard could do that one one harp, and it probably was.. and yea, Victor was great, they all were.. As far as the taping of the show...I didn't see anyone filming this time, the last 2 shows that I seen at the Strand there were several people filming the show, although the Strand has always advertised no recording, the Flecktones always allowed it. I'm not sure what has changed there. Does anyone here remember seeing the Flecktones play at the York College campus several yrs. ago?
CRS521

Postby chardstuff » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 am

If some one was filming - they were doing it against our wishes. We have never allowed filming of our shows. We allow audio recording.
chardstuff

Postby shwaneth1337 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Oops, that's what I meant, audio recording. Does anyone know if somebody taped the audio for the show?
shwaneth1337

Return to Flecktones