Flectones in Princeton - Nemo's Dream

The all 'Tones talk area.

Flectones in Princeton - Nemo's Dream

Postby neilw » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am

Caught the Flecktones in Princeton the other night, and it was awesome as expected. I've seen them a few times, before, but this was my first time (finally!) seeing Howard Levy perform live.

It appears that the setlist has changed since earlier in the tour, because there was no "Sinister Minister" encore. That's not a problem, though, because they played "Nemo's Dream" as their second number. I can't love that track enough. Levy's piano solo is ridiculous on the record, and his live solo was ridiculous cubed. I could have watched them play that over and over for the night and be happy. After that the rest of the concert was gravy. I can only hope that Howard sticks with the band for a while.

Great show.
neilw

Re: Flectones in Princeton - Nemo's Dream

Postby darkstar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome to the board!
You can track the setlists on the tour page.
At the top right of the page are tabs for Home-News-Tour-About-,etc. Click on "Tour" and allow it to load( it may take a minute or so)
Select View-2011(or whatever year) in the white "View" dropdown box and allow it to load ( it may take a minute or so)
When the list of shows comes up, clicking on the city name will cause a popup with the show information and a setlist to appear.
Looks like they played Sinister as last night's encore.
There was a song Wednesday night before Futureman's spot that doesn't show up, the one Bela played with the instrument he picked up in South Africa. Anyone know the name of this one? I love the Flecktones and their music, but like names, I can never remember all the song titles.
I thoroughly enjoyed the show Wednesday. Howard sneezing toward the end of his spot, Victor helping Bela retune before the encore. Falani is my favorite tune from the new album, and great seeing it as an encore. Kind of reminds me of a show(Poughkeepsie, NY?) that closed with Poindexter, another quiet, slow, full tune to send the crowd home with( although Sinister is okay, too).
I'm looking forward to the Keswick next Thursday.
darkstar

Postby bbycrei » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

The setlist had Sinister Minister on it.
http://archivesincowtown.org/scans/bfft2011-11-09.jpeg
bbycrei

Postby darkstar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:07 pm

You're right!
Also, the missing song I mentioned above was Blu-Bop, between Flying Saucer Dudes and Serestra.
darkstar

Postby jaguaracer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:38 am

Up on archive. Looks and (sounds) like a great show

http://www.archive.org/details/bfft2011 ... din.flac16
jaguaracer

Return to Flecktones