Bela downloads

The all 'Tones talk area.

Bela downloads

Postby Bumbershoot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Last summer in Denver, Bela recorded a few solo sessions. Here's a link with a brief description, a video, and 3 songs you can listen to or download:

http://www.heyreverb.com/2011/12/16/bel ... downloads/

Song #2 is "Who's Got Three?" and song #3 sounds like something from the Africa Sessions but I'm not sure what- didn't recognize song #1.
According to the article, more songs may be posted next week.
Bumbershoot

Re: Bela downloads

Postby geddypastorius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks a lot for this link! I didn't even know this existed until now. It's really cool to hear some of this stuff just with a solo banjo. I sure hope they do post more next week! Thanks again! :D
geddypastorius

Postby HopeL » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:09 am

1. Throw down Your Heart
2. Who's Got Three
3. (Possibly) D'Gary Jam (w/o D'Gary)

Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Postby Bumbershoot » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 am

My pleasure, geddypastorius. I just found it a couple of days ago myself. And yeah, it is nice to hear solo versions of the tunes.

And thanks for the other song titles, Hope! How could I not recognize Throw Down Your Heart? I obviously need to listen to the Africa Sessions more!
Bumbershoot

Postby jen17 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Hello. Thanks for posting. Very cool.
Here is my guess for tune #3 - Buribalal -from the Africa sessions.
jen17

Postby Bumbershoot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Jen, I listened to Buribalal and thought "That's it!" but I thought the same thing with Hope's suggestion, "D'Gary Jam".
With both songs, I hear parts that convince me it's the one, then I hear other parts and say "No, that's a different tune".
Then I listened to "Pakugyenda Balebauo" and thought that was it. Then I put in "Africa Sessions Part 2" and heard some
more songs with a similar groove and became thoroughly confused. But I'm listening to the Africa stuff again and
remembering how good it is! I hadn't been playing it much lately.

So it looks like we have a game of "Name That Tune" going. Anyone have any more suggestions? From "Part 2" I'll suggest
"Salam Aleikum" and "The Rights Of Man/Ya Fama".

P.S. Richard, if you know the answer, before you tell us could you give us a little time to figure it out on our own?
It might be kinda fun and it might spur some activity on the board.
Bumbershoot

Postby jen17 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Yes! A name that tune contest. Fun!
I was having the same experience trying to identify the song. Been great to listen to the Africa Sessions more though. Really good stuff. The Rights of Man/Ya Fama = wow.
The only song other than what you and Hope mentioned that is catching me is: Matitu from the 1st album. But, with Bela playing on his banjo the tune that on the album is played on the huge xylophone instrument. Listen at about 30 seconds in.
So, my guesses are: Buribalal or Matitu. But, I am checking out your and Hope's guesses again.

Who else out there has a guess?
jen17

Postby HopeL » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Wow, this turned into a fun little game, now, didn't it!

Happy Holidays, Folks!

Hope Lin :geek:
HopeL

Return to Flecktones